Comment on bucks posted by other users
Read articles about deer hunting
Engage with fellow deer hunters in forums
Play "Shoot or Wait" & display your deer judging skills
View weather & moon phases at your hunting location

Forums: {1}: {2}

Posts per page:
Close Thread

If you haven’t seen or read them, Macy has written two new deer management articles in the last month!  They include an article called Management, and the most recent is Doe Harvest Strategies Examined Both are full length feature articles.  If you want to learn from the leading wildlife biologist in the United States, give both articles a read. 

The management article gives readers a perspective on deer management that only a few biologists in the world can provide. Macy delves into several scenarios or types of ranches. As individuals, we only see our own hunting situation, where in this article Macy opens your eyes into several completely unique situations. 

The doe harvest article should be read by even the most knowledgeable deer hunters, as Macy gets into the details of how and which doe to harvest. Learn why doe are the key to deer management!

2013 Deer Season Forecast

Finally, Macy has almost completed his annual helicopter game surveys, and has pronounced 2013 Will Be a Great Year!  Check out the first two dozen photos of over a hundred or more bucks he has recently captured on camera.  Macy is seeing this caliber of bucks statewide!

We hope you will learn from and enjoy the articles, and see your own seasonal forecast from all the photos!

Walt Powell, Co-Founder

-- 10/15/2013 7:55:49 PM: post edited by powelwa.

Let 'em Grow!
Alright, all you Whitetail Domain-ers, it's time for our annual photo contest.  We will give a cap away for the first photo posted from each state of a deer taken by archery, firearm, and youth for this 2012-2013 Oct. to Feb. hunting season.  Again, this is not necessarily your first deer harvested photos, but the first deer of this season posted.

For example, if you are the first person to post a photo of a deer harvested this 2012-2013 Oct. to Feb. season by archery and have Texas listed as the state on the "Hunts in" section of your profile, you win a cap.

Click here for full instructions on how to post a photo.  Or, click the icon in the toolbar to upload your photo.

Remember, there are three categories to win in for each state:
1. Archery-harvested by bow or crossbow
2. Firearm-harvested by muzzleloader, rifle or shotgun
3. Youth-harvested by a hunter under the age of 18

The state listed on the "Hunts in" section of your profile is the state of your contest entry.
The individual who harvested the deer must be in the photo.
The posted date and order in this thread determines who is first.
The photo must be either posted clearly viewable in the post or be "clickable" so Whitetail Domains can post the photo as such.
Must be a white-tailed deer, of either sex. 
Entries must be of deer harvested during the 2012-2013 Oct. to Feb. hunting season

Whew, 50 states at 3 hats each;  let's see, that's, uh, well, a lot of caps.  So let's see those ear-to-ear grins and your bucks, does, culls and trophies! 

If the Archery, Firearm or Youth category for your state is not listed and you don't see an entry in this thread, then it's still open for you to win!

And don't forget to make sure the address you have listed on your profile is the one where you want us to UPS/mail your hat to.

Current list of winners: 

Alabama Youth - meathead00 (Anna)
Georgia Firearm - shawnrice
Indiana Archery - waldo46405
Iowa Firearm - a297960
Louisiana Firearm - ROAMINBUCK
Mississippi Archery - tgloden03
Nebraska Firearm - rando
Ohio Archery - bowhunter 2532
Oklahoma Firearm - pepper
Texas Archery - Nathan
Texas Firearm - im2xtreme4u214
Texas Youth - lamuralla (Gus)

-- 1/7/2013 2:47:34 PM: post edited by chriswd.

These are the contest rules and have been "stickied" to always appear at the top of this thread; scroll down for the latest replies.

Alright, all you Whitetail Domain-ers, it's time for our annual photo contest.  We will give a cap away for the first photo posted from each state of a deer taken by archery, firearm, and youth for this 2010-2011 Oct. to Feb. hunting season.  Again, this is not necessarily your first deer harvested photos, but the first deer of this season posted.

For example, if you are the first person to post a photo of a deer harvested this 2011-2012 Oct. to Feb. season by archery and have Texas listed as the state on the "Hunts in" section of your profile, you win a cap.

Click here for full instructions on how to post a photo.  Or, click the icon in the toolbar to upload your photo.

The state listed on the "Hunts in" section of your profile is the state of your contest entry.
The photo must be either posted clearly viewable in the post or be "clickable" so Whitetail Domains can post the photo as such.
Entries must be of deer harvested during the 2011-2012 Oct. to Feb. hunting season

Whew, 50 states at 3 hats each;  let's see, that's, uh, well, a lot of caps.  So let's see those ear-to-ear grins and your bucks, does, culls and trophies! 

If the Archery, Firearm or Youth category for your state is not listed and you don't see an entry in this thread, then it's still open for you to win!

And don't forget to make sure the address you have listed on your profile is the one where you want us to UPS/mail your hat to.

Current list of winners: 
Georgia Firearm: shawnrice
Indiana Archery: Zrtaylor39
Indiana Firearm: Capt Jakz
Kentucky Archery: Corn
Louisiana Firearm: ROAMINBUCK
Louisiana Youth:  Hunter (by DEROUENT)
Mexico Firearm: meardeel
New York Archery: nickwj
South Dakota Firearm: littleelk06
Tennessee Youth: jeremy1846
Texas Archery:  Schulze
Texas Firearm:  scrock
Texas Youth:  STICK
West Virginia Archery: w8px

-- 12/2/2011 9:14:20 AM: post edited by chriswd.

This is Walt Powell, co-founder of Whitetail Domains.  I have a Top Drive, High Rack Hunting Truck for sale that has a built-in HyLift Hunting Blind.  The truck has just over 63,000 miles on it.  It's a 3/4 ton, four wheel drive truck with positive traction.  The entire truck and the entire high rack has been sprayed with TOFF bed liner.  This truck is in excellent shape with NO KNOWN PROBLEMS.  For more information including lots of photos and a spec sheet, read Top Drive High Rack Hunting Truck for Sale in our article section. 

There is also a video of this truck on this site at:

-- 6/20/2011 3:17:13 PM: post edited by powelwa.

-- 6/20/2011 3:42:53 PM: post edited by powelwa.

-- 6/20/2011 3:45:51 PM: post edited by powelwa.

-- 6/20/2011 3:46:42 PM: post edited by powelwa.

-- 6/24/2011 10:22:32 AM: post edited by powelwa.

-- 6/28/2011 7:30:05 PM: post edited by powelwa.

Let 'em Grow!
 These are the contest rules and have been "stickied" to always appear at the top of this thread; scroll down for the latest replies.

Alright, all you Whitetail Domain-ers, this is the big one.  Here's where we go broke giving away Whitetail Domains caps.  We will give a cap away for the first photo posted from each state of a deer taken by archery, firearm, and youth for this 2010-2011 Oct. to Feb. hunting season.  Again, this is not necessarily your first deer harvested photos, but the first deer of this season posted.
For example, if you are the first person to post a photo of a deer harvested this 2010-2011 Oct. to Feb. season by archery and have Texas listed as the state on the "Hunts in" section of your profile, you win a cap.
Entries must be of deer harvested during the 2010-2011 Oct. to Feb. hunting season

Current list of winners:
Alabama Archery - Tankersley
Alabama Firearm - Tankersley
Iowa Archery - Sharon
Michigan Archery - MKBiggie
Mississippi Archery - Catfish1962
Missouri Firearm - kimmysue
North Carolina Firearm - jflecken
North Carolina Youth - Tyler (posted by jflecken)
Oklahoma Archery - Hunter Betty
Oklahoma Firearm - Hunter5607
Oklahoma Youth - Melody (posted by Hunter Betty)
Texas Archery - billandsusan (Pocahontas)
Texas Firearm - MarkB
Texas Youth - Trevor (posted by TexasTK)
Wisconsin Archery - Blankenbergb

-- 12/24/2010 8:34:27 AM: post edited by chriswd.

Whitetail Domains is now offering our exclusive Caps for sale. These are custom made caps with our logo on the front and our web address on the back. Help us promote our website by purchasing your own cap, and we will include a Whitetail Domains Window Decal for FREE!
Each cap is $15 including tax and shipping. To order, please email merchandise@whitetaildomains.com with your name and phone number(s), and one of our representatives will get back with you asap to process your order. 

-- 8/31/2009 4:47:22 PM: post edited by chrisWD.

The dateline below lists the daily activities of Macy Ledbetter of Spring Creek Outdoors, (www.SpringCreekOutdoors.com), a professional wildlife biologist and consulting service located in north central Texas. Macy manages properties throughout the state of Texas and into Mexico. When most of us are thinking about summer vacation and fishing trips, let’s take a look at what a typical week is like in the life of a wildlife biologist. We begin this journey in the middle of summer, when most of us are not thinking of deer management:

June 1-3: I flew to Chattanooga, TN to attend the Quality Deer Management Association’s national convention. The meeting was a huge success, hunters from not only the SE but also the NE attended.  I was there on behalf of Whitetail Domains and our mission was to spread the word on the latest and greatest whitetail deer social website in the world.  Great seminars, good food and friendly people, a great time was had by all and the public really embraced the Whitetail Domains website. Hunters from the NE and SE are great people, very dedicated and serious about their passion.   

June 5: Met with a new landowner client in central Texas wanting a wildlife management plan and technical guidance assistance to improve the quail and deer on his ranch. Toured the ranch, returned to the office and began writing the wildlife management plan late into the evening, between phone calls and emails.

June 6: Got up before daylight and traveled three hundred miles to deliver a deer management speech to 45 landowners in west Texas interested in quality deer management on their lands. On the way to the program, I stopped to meet a new landowner client interested in deer management on his recently high fenced property. We toured the ranch quickly and I gathered information to write a wildlife management plan. After the successful seminar, I drove back home and arrived about 2 a.m, tired but satisfied I help educate some enthusiastic deer managers.  

June 7: Stayed in the office, worked on several written wildlife management plans, returned calls and emails and scheduled the following week’s appointments and four fall helicopter surveys. My office is located on my family’s ranch in northern San Saba County. I am the fifty generation to own this property and very proud of it. It is managed for quality deer production and we have small neighbors surrounding us. I work with all the neighbors and their neighbors and together, we try to manage the deer herd best we can with both friend and family and lease hunters. Our goals are simple: to keep the adult sex ratio tight and to only harvest a quality buck if you are willing to shoulder mount it. Select management bucks are harvested as needed, but overall, a light harvest of bucks is mandatory to increase age structure and improve antler quality. I filled up the feeder near my office so I could view the deer and their fawning and antler growing progress. We don’t hunt around the office feeder so it is a great tool to observe deer in a relaxed environment. 

June 8: Left the office before daylight and drove three hundred miles to attend and speak at a deer management field day in north Texas. Deer management in north Texas is really picking up and hunters from the metroplex don’t necessarily have to drive six hours south now to harvest a trophy buck. 

June 9: Returned to office, returned calls and emails and scheduled two more fall helicopter surveys. Worked on wildlife management plans and more fall scheduling activities and worked on Whitetail Domains website.

June 11: I left before daylight and traveled to deep south Texas to visit three client ranches. All went well but I didn’t get to bed that night until after midnight, a long and intensive day of deer and habitat management discussions and seeing some great brush country.

June 12: Left shortly after breakfast and continued travel to two other client ranches. More bumpy ranch roads and intensive deer and habitat management conversations and great food and fellowship before bedtime. I looked a several jaw bones from harvested deer last fall and gross scored a half dozen racks from the bucks taken from each ranch. 

June 13: Left at daylight to continue traveling to two other client ranches. Lots of note taking and sight seeing and later that evening, finally headed back home. I got home just as the sun was setting and the deer were still visible under the corn feeder near the office. Looked like five bucks total, two mature bucks for sure.

June 14: Office work, written wildlife management plans, emails, phone calls, next week’s scheduling. Two bucks at the feeder in the morning, both young. One adult doe showed up, obviously had a fawn but not traveling with her.  Same deer showed in the evening, they are nice and red with their summer coats now. They appeared healthy with shiny coats. The rains have been so plentiful, the grass is almost belly deep to the younger deer.   

June 15: Left before daylight and drove three hundred miles to a client ranch in South Texas. We toured the ranch and the results of last year’s prescribed burn and saw how the recleaned earthen ponds were now nearly full of water. The drought of last summer was horrendous and most earthen ponds in South Texas went dry. This ranch basically ran out of surface water and used bulldozers to reclean and enlarge them. With all the late winter and early spring and summer rains, they were over three quarters full now, a very welcome sight to see. Left late that evening headed home, happy to see so much pond water now in place throughout the area.

June 16-17: Home for some rest and clean laundry and good home cooked meals. Five bucks at the feeder again. Two mature bucks appear to be good ones, one with wide sweeping beams and the other with extreme mass and narrow spread. Tines are short and stubby, but obviously good bucks. The younger buck’s  beams are out to the eartips at most, signs of brow tines now obvious. No does show up when the bachelor group of bucks are present.   The two older bucks are obviously dominant over the younger ones.

June 18: Left at daylight and traveled back to South Texas for two client ranch visits. Two does at the feeder when I left, both mature. Spent the entire day touring two great ranches and going over last year’s harvest data to make adjustments for his coming season. Viewed lots of video footage from last year to select bucks to watch this fall. Talked intensive deer management strategies late into the night.   

June 19: Left early and traveled to the coast to meet a client and do some fishing in the bay. I am not a big fisherman, but enjoyed the trip to the beach house and seeing all the birds and cruising through the shallow bay waters. Shrimp were in the shallows and it was nice to watch the fish chase the shrimp around.   

June 20: Got up before daylight to meet the fishing party and fished until mid afternoon. I caught the first redfish of the day but not the most or largest. I am not a fisherman of patience but did have big fun. Have you ever caught a seagull on a fishing lure? Pretty darn exciting to say the least. I left sunburned and tired midafternoon with a large bag of fish fillets and traveled to a client ranch two hours to the west. As the sun set, we drove the ranch roads and discussed the extensive brush management techniques that were ongoing on the ranch. This ranch is a fine example of quality habitat producing quality animals. During the previous fall’s helicopter survey, we saw six bucks grossing over 175” and on Thanksgiving Day, the ranch foreman found a 178” and a 180” buck locked together and dead near a pond. We had seen both bucks from the helicopter one month earlier, about one mile apart, and I photographed each buck from the helicopter. The bigger buck had kicker points on each G-2 and they held the two bucks locked together to their death. The landowner is mounting the bucks locked together, just as they were found. What a testament to intensive deer management.   

June 21: I returned to the office, but not before getting a speeding ticket along the way. The DPS officer was an avid deer hunter and we talked about the Thanksgiving Day locked bucks and I thought for a minute he was going to let me go with only a warning. My luck was not so good, so I donated some hard-earned money to the local county in which I was caught speeding through. When I got home late that evening, I return calls and emails, scheduled two fall helicopter surveys, and work on written management plans.

June 22: I left early in the morning and drove two hundred miles to north Texas to attend Boone and Crockett Club’s national convention and awards banquet. I had never been to an awards banquet since becoming an official measurer and wanted to attend and see the latest trophy heads being inducted into the record book. Oh my, there were four new world record animals and the whitetails were, as usual, incredible. Most whitetail Booners were from the northern states and had incredible mass throughout. I love heavy mass, especially when you throw in a twenty plus inch spread!

June 23: Got up real early and made a brief trip to a ranch nearby and then back to the Boone and Crocket Club Awards banquet. I met lots of great people and heard some incredible hunting stories. I didn’t realize how cold it was while chasing a musk ox. You have two hours to skin and cape it after the harvest before it freezes solid. I think I will stay in Texas and chase a trophy whitetail to be honest with you. I like all my fingers and toes and don’t have a desire to be eaten by a rogue polar bear.   

June 24: On the way back home from north Texas, I made another brief visit to another client ranch half way home. I got home late in the evening to rest, return calls and emails and did more Whitetail Domains work on the computer. It was too dark to identify the deer under the feeder, but there were several of them. 

June 25: Left mid morning and travel to NE Texas for client ranch visit, stayed with friends overnight. Cooked some great steaks between rain showers and noticed the fawns were out in abundance in the area.   

June 27: Left early in the morning and travel to South Texas for a client ranch visit. Stayed up late that night chasing and tagging deer fawns while a huge thunderstorm approached from the north. It was fun yet nerve-racking watching for rattlesnakes, fawns and lightning bolts all at the same time. We finish the job and got to bed about midnight, semi wet from the rain and soaked from sweat and glad no snakes were found. There is nothing in the world as pretty as a newborn fawn deer.

June 28: Huge rainstorms in the early morning hours woke me up, major flooding apparent. I loaded my truck and had to use 4 wd to get off the ranch since the creek was already swollen out of its bank. Cancelled two other ranch visits and headed home, tired and  soggy. It is difficult driving four hours in a downpour with little sleep or rest. Thank goodness for Dr. Pepper and chocolate bars, they are my “road fuel” sometimes. 

June 29-30: Traveled to Texas Wildlife Association’s annual banquet in San Antonio and met new and old friends and wildlife managers. Met new clients and discussed all sorts of deer management theories and practices and scheduled ranch visits for late summer. TWA represents private property owners and quality wildlife management on private lands throughout the state and is a wonderful organization.    

July 1-4: Stayed home to finish writing wildlife management plans, returned calls and emails, scheduled next week’s schedule and six fall helicopter game surveys. Worked on Whitetail Domains website. I enjoyed the brief break, set out a trail camera on my feeder at the ranch, filled corn and protein feeders, wrote two hunting magazine articles and generally rested. Killed a rattlesnake in my front yard, glad the dog found him before the kids did.  Heavy rains cancelled many of the July 4th firework displays, so I stayed home and watched the deer under the feeder. Antlers are growing well, points are obvious but main beams have much growing still to do.  

July 5: Left at daylight and traveled to South Texas to meet a new client ranch interested in wildlife management. We toured the ranch in detail, I took notes, and we made plans for a fall helicopter game survey. I headed home late that evening.   

July 6-8: Back in the office to write the newest wildlife management plan, return calls and emails and put the finishing touches on the magazine articles. Landowner meeting rescheduled due to wet weather.  Fawns present with their mothers at the deer feeder now. Bucks are growing well, beams are longer and G-3 and G-4 tines are now present. Brow tines are nice and long but all other tines are short overall.  The grass is so tall, the fawns are difficult to spot.   

July 9: Took my truck in for needed repairs and maintenance work. If the truck isn’t working, neither am I! My “new” truck is now just over a year and a half old and has 82,000 miles on it.

July 10: Left the house about 5:30 a.m. and drove three hundred fifty miles to west Texas for some mule deer work and meet with new client ranches. Collected brush species for protein analysis and took photos of velvet-antlered mulie bucks. The plant diversity really is amazing in the desert once you get away from the ranch roads. I collected all the primary mule deer forage plants I could find for some protein feed research I am involved with. There are no mule deer specific protein feeds available in Texas and I am working with a progressive company that wants to change that.

July 11-12: Spent more time on two other client ranches in west Texas discussing mule deer management and gathering more brush species for protein analysis for the lab. Headed towards home later that afternoon but stopped halfway home to score a desert bighorn sheep that netted the minimum for Boone and Crockett Record Book. Ram was harvested two months earlier in west Texas and was the first “Book” sheep of the year for Texas. His horns were very broomed at each end and would have scored much higher without the damage, however, he still made the minimum score and was a great animal anyway. I arrived home late that night, everyone already in bed and it was too dark to see the feeder.   

July 13-15: I stayed office bound three days catching up on emails and phone calls, finishing up the previous wildlife management plans and beginning the mule deer management plans. Completed the paperwork for the Book sheep and mailed it in. Scheduled the following week’s events and worked on Whitetail Domains information. 

July 16: Left early and traveled to NE Texas to meet a new client ranch, inspect his Scientific Breeder pens, and write a management plan. The habitat in NE Texas is dramatically different than any other place in Texas and poses its own challenges and management implications. Pine trees and red sand are a big difference from heavy clay and thorny brush species. My knowledge of soil types and responses has increased dramatically over the years. Soils support the habitat and the habitat supports the animals. Without a good understanding of soil types and their proper management, wildlife management will suffer.

July 17-18: Office work all day returning calls and emails, making fall appointments and helicopter surveys, writing management plans and categorizing all the west Texas photos and paperwork. Heavy rains throughout the day and evenings and few deer present at the feeder.

July 19: Traveled to South Texas for a new client ranch until mid afternoon, then met another rancher about a joint venture with Whitetail Domains. Return home late that night due to rain cancellations.  Drove three hours home in the pouring rain and had little trouble falling asleep that night.  

July 20-21: Office work again, returning calls and emails, finished up mule deer management plans, worked on Whitetail Domains website. Bachelor group of bucks at the feeder now looking impressive. A typical fourteen point with short tines and narrow spread, a typical ten point with a forked brow tine and a small drop tine on his left side, two younger ten points and one young eight point. Two other yearling bucks show up periodically and both are six points. The bachelor group of bigger bucks are not very predicable and alternate mornings and evenings on their visits. I have been managing this small family ranch a long time and it is beginning to pay off. I love seeing mature bucks in their natural environment with little or no cares in the world at the moment. I couldn’t get much work done for staring up at the feeder and deer. My eyes hurt from looking through the binoculars for so long. 

July 22: Left again at daylight headed for West Texas mule deer work again, this time with the family in tow and we called it a vacation. We stopped by a large ranch that evening to view mule deer and pronghorn antelope up close and personal. I killed a rattlesnake with a rock and we got some great photos of wildlife and scenery. Blue quail are beautiful animals and very difficult to photograph. I collected a few more plants for protein analysis later. As we drove down the road, I almost ran over three mule deer does, not a good idea in my wife’s vehicle.   

July 23: We played tourist all day and I ended up with a client meeting for supper that night. We ate too much, stayed up too late, but had a good time doing it. We discussed various mule deer management strategies and predator control in the desert environment.

July 24: More tourist stuff and I learned more about desert plants from the local university plant botanist and greenhouses. Client supper that night, ate too much and stayed up too late that night too. I caught a vinegaroon that night, ever seen a vinegaroon? It looks like a stinging scorpion on steroids, is not poisonous, but has two sets of claws much like a lobster. It was black, armored, and about four inches long and it looks very menacing. We put it in a jar and carried it home with us, the ten year old boy is excited.    

July 25: Long drive home, but not before stopping by the university greenhouses again and meeting more desert plant specialists. Over three hundred fifty miles later, got home late that evening and got the vinegaroon settled into his new aquarium home. We scared the deer from the feeder when we drove up. 

July 26: Left the office before daylight to meet two new client ranches in the western hill country. Spent the day on both ranches touring the property and habitat, discussing deer management philosophies, scheduled two fall helicopter surveys and took lots of notes. Returned home after dark that night and couldn’t see any deer under the feeder. 

July 27: Three day trip to Mexico cancelled due to rain there. Stayed in office and worked on management plans, fall game surveys, returned calls and emails and trying to catch my breath. Many more management plans to complete and now the emails are really picking up with request for deer work and helicopter game surveys for the fall. I can always tell when people return from vacations and family reunions because the phone action increases instantly around the same time each year.  The vinegaroon is settling in nicely and appreciates the grasshopper and crickets my son catches for him each evening. Heavy evening downpours kept the deer from visiting the feeder.

July 28: Office bound again due to the rains and cancellations. I needed the time anyway to catch up on paperwork and return calls and emails. Refilled the corn and protein feeders between  rainshowers and finally remembered to retrieve my trail camera memory card to view the deer. Photos were decent of the many different bucks but I needed to readjust the camera further away from the rising sun and closer to the feeder. 

July 29: Still more office work and time to actually clean off my desk. It is amazing how paperwork accumulates over time. Not sure where it all comes from, but I keep it organized in a filing cabinet when I can. Continued working on Whitetail Domains information. Some good questions getting asked in the Forums section, beginning to take more time and energy answering all the good questions. This thing is growing fast and people are loving the Shoot or Wait educational aging video section. The new Log Book and deer management record book section is incredible once more people find it and begin to use it. Long term trend data is critical to managing a deer herd and the new Log Book keeps track of all of it for you and even provides visual grafts and charts to make it even easier to use and understand.

-- 8/2/2007 8:54:24 AM: post edited by drawal.

-- 11/26/2007 6:36:42 AM: post edited by powelwa.

HEAVEN IS JUST A LOCKED GATE AWAY!
 I'm really curious about how minerals effect and help buck antler development. I've always heard that u can put mineral block out and if the deer don't use it they don't need it. Is this always true? We supplemental feed with 20% purina antler max, does it have all the minerals I need in the right amounts or is there a better protein. Is creating a mineral lick a necessity?  My lease is 15k acres in NW webb co and is made up of mostly mesquite, guajillio, and black brush. Any info or advise is greatly appreciated. I love this website, it's the best deer management site ther is. 

I have a good friend that owns 2,000 acres in San Saba County, central Texas, looking for quality lease hunters.  The ranch is low fenced and a nice three bedroom house is included and there are some oat/wheat fields he plants each fall.  This lease is year around and game to be harvested include deer, turkey and dove.  There are too few quail to hunt but the dove hunting can be outstanding if the weather is good.  Looking for 6-8 quality hunters and you will have guest privileges as well.  $24,000.

Reply here if you are interested and I will be contacting you as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Macy

Looking to see if anyone here know of, or can recommend a weather station that broadcast rainfall amounts daily via a cellular network like the game cameras do?

I have a question for the group. I have noticed one of my 2 yo bucks is still walking around with his head gear. I know that bucks shedding can be influenced by several factors like the rut, stress, food stress, etc.
We have year round feed,water and food plots and wonder if he is just a " late shedder" or anything else. Any thoughts would be appreciated. My place is in northern Coleman county.
thanks

CWD

Came across this by a reputable deer breeder in Central Texas. Interesting take, worth some thought.

Status Update by 5F Ranch Trophy Whitetail Breeders

Speak Up America. Take a moment and let your voice be heard!

CWD Comment I Made Today on the Official CWD Review.

We have been watching and studying CWD for over 50 years. It is safe to say after all the research that has been performed by universities that there is not a consensus as to how it is spread or how it can be eradicated. It then seems premature at this point to halt commerce on a strategic rural industry that positively affects thousands and thousands of jobs on "non-conclusive data".

Common sense containment seems to be the right solution until a cure can be found. Eradication of the disease through depopulation has proven totally flawed. It has been tried and proven to be very expensive, time intensive and completely unsuccessful. It has a shocking and deadly impact on the very animals we are trying to save. We test (kill) thousands of healthy animals trying to find a few that are sick. How many thousands of innocent and healthy animals must die to contain a disease that has not impacted the wildlife population in America. How much time must we spend in State Capitals and Regional meetings and Congress debating and asking for more research money on a disease that has not impacted the wildlife population in America.

CWD has been here for 50 years and cervids are thriving all over America. CWD has been proven NOT to be harmful to humans.  Many more cervids are killed by automobiles, predators, droughts and other disease each year than CWD. A calm and respectful approach to find a cure should be continued.  A "Non-Lethal" test MUST be approved to continue with an "ethical and moral" approach to CWD research and containment. 

Please do not overreact and implement policies and controls on innocent American Citizens/Private property owners that will cause monetary devastation and the loss of thousands and thousand of dollars.

-- 4/1/2014 1:56:15 PM: post edited by powelwa.

If I want to plant a food plot on my lease in webb county where do I begin.  I know there is a lot to it so I just need to be pointed in the right direction.  I tried to search past threads but it's not working

Well, I think the title says it all. Let me make a few disclaimers first:

1 - I have not had to dispute ECAD since I started my WLM Program, so I am ASSUMING that the stories I am going to tell that I heard are due to a lack of information by the person(s) that told them... I have no idea.. but it worried me enough that I felt it good to get some feedback here, the best place I know for ideas.

2 - The SOUND of one of the stories sounds like someone lost their WLM, not sure how, but.. does not sound like we all are being targetted, but it could be "the start" of something bigger.

We held our annual Property Owner's Association meeting and one person stated that Cotton was out and a new person was "in" at ECAD. There were a few applause (I actually never had a single issue with Cotton that was that big a deal. She told me she did not "count" bird houses or "stacking cedars" but.. no big deal, that was not really a huge part of my plan anyway.

The "NEW person, I think her name is Sandy, I am told was hired to bring in more money. Now, again, whether that is true or not, I cannot confirm. We may be talking/hearing from people that did a bad job of documenting their plan/annual report and thus they either lost or must contest their plan or loss of their exemption, but, the wagons are circling and the big guns are coming out to make sure no-one else gets targetted.

The topic of a PoA/Community plan came up, but I am very leary about having MY exemption rely upon someone ELSE doing their part. I do at the very least, 5 different things and document it well, etc. I do not see myself as in any danger of losing MY exemption, so am curious about the impact of a community plan, and has anyone seen this work well?

I mentioned the fact that Macy can be hired to come down and be an "authority" on the topic and lend some sort of a helping hand to understand what is going on and how we can 'protect' ourselves, although, I know I needed to ask Macy.. heh.. but you are the most authoritive person I know on the topic.

Also, I explained to them that the LAW supercedes ECAD messing with us and that a good and solid understanding of the LAW would protect us as well.

We were TOLD that ECAD told one person that the 2yr "resting period" between the AG exemption and the WLM exemption was not valid and thus, she had not qualified the year after the cattle left, which seemed a little strange to me. I specifically spoke with Cotton way back when and followed her instructions to a "T" and the records online state we had an exemption, so for them to come back and take it all away and go "that did not count" just seemed a little hokey to me.. we will see.

I have not heard from ECAD myself, so just informing you all and will update this if anything else develops.

Russ

Never date a woman big enough to beat ya up
 Folks:

We are considering adding Webinars to our site to help spread our educational messages and help you to grow bigger bucks with the latest and greatest herd and habitat management information available anywhere.  My questions to you are:
1.  If we hosted webinars, would you log in and participate and do you feel this would be a good investment of your time and energies?
2.  If we hosted webinars, what time of the day and day of the week works best for you to participate?
3. What are some of the topics you would like see discussed during the webinars?
4.  Would you participate by emailing or calling in your questions or discussions if you couldn't actually attend any of the webinars for whatever reasons?

Before we jump into this project, I want to ask you person to person for your feedback and advice.  Walt and I are dedicated to bringing you the best information possible but we want to hear from you before we firm up any decisions.  Is this a good idea or not?  Will you participate and have your friends and hunting buddies and leasees and ranch managers join in to learn about the wonderful whitetail deer?

Thanks,

Macy

Pretty cool footage of helicopter deer captures in South Dakota.  You've seen lots of deer captures from Texas posted here on the site, but neat to see how it's done in other parts of the country.  Strictly a two man operation in this video.  

We were looking for sheds this afternoon, virtually all the deer have shed and we were trying to find sheds before the weeds got up. About 4:30 we came up on this scene that makes any deer manager cringe. It could not have happened more than 2 days ago at the very most and the question has to be what in the world was he rubbing on a tree at this time of year? I have seen pictures of this before but never dreamed that I would see it in person. Obviously he really fought to get away when you see how much damage he did to the tree with that right brow tine. Unfortunately, one more that will never reach maturity from "natural" causes beyond the game managers control. http://residents.bowhunting.net/awesomehunting/Miscellaneous/2014-2.5-01-small.JPG http://residents.bowhunting.net/awesomehunting/Miscellaneous/2014-2.5-02-small.JPG

-- 3/15/2014 9:22:09 AM: post edited by Chriswd.

-- 3/15/2014 9:22:58 AM: post edited by Chriswd.

Aim small Miss small

Long video, but worth watching.  He was out checking trail cams and came across one buck still locked to his already eaten rival.  Shot the video himself with his cell phone.  Would you have taken as much time and patience to do the same?

February 24 I did my last helicopter game survey.  Many of the bucks are already shedding antlers due to the harsh winter conditions.  Here are a few interesting shots from the survey:

And this neat velvet stag buck!  You don't see big ones like this very often:

Macy

I've Inquired  a 6000ac ranch in edwards county for the up coming 14/15 season.. would anyone on this site know anything about the Davis Brothers Ranch? its about 20 west on rocksprings. i've visited the ranch only once so far. one of the best things ive noticed is over the years, Mr. Davis has depleted about 70% of the cedar on this place. Also, it apprears this ranch isnt over grazed like most area down there. he has 2ft tall grass,while other areas around him was bare as could be... i'd also like to know why the cocyotes arent around in this part of the state? Mr.Davis, who has lived there all his life stated he's seen only a hand full in 50 plus years. did the state help control them because of the goat farmers? dont get me wrong, im glad there not there, but i was prepared to start taking them out fast until he told me that.

Macy,

Thanks for all the great info on this website. I have really started to embrace whitetail management and have implemented a number of suggestions on the places I hunt.  Recently, we began to put feeders and cameras up on our small family farm outside of Burton Texas (Brenham area).  To our surprise, after 3 years of feeder REGULAR deer corn, the number of deer has quadrupled on our cameras and the antler sizes have shocked us.  I know the Washington County area saw deer numbers plumbet in the 80s and 90s (or so I have been told).  I spoke with some game wardens last year about our deer number increase and they told us that they have been restocking whitetail the past few years releasing them in the Somerville State park.  Here is a MONSTER (or at least for us in central Texas!) I caught on my camera this past October. I will post another picture after this (showing thinner legs, smaller belly, skinnier nose, hence my 4.5 estimate)... According to what I have learned from WD, I estimate him at around 4.5 (but I could be way off as the pics arent that great) and count roughly 14 points.  I KNOW that these genetics are not native to the area. We have some nice young 10's and some big 8's as well.  All deer seem to be 4.5 or younger. 

My question... first what is your take on the age/score of this guy.  Second, do you know where the deer being released at Somerville are from (if they are restocking)? Thank you so much!

Josh

I flew three ranches yesterday in west centra Texas, McCullough and Runnels counties to be exact in the area between Brady and Ballinger.  It looks like about 20% of the bucks have shed both antlers.

I bet this little guy can't wait to shed his antlers.  He is lucky he hasn't been caught up in the brush......

Macy

These pictures were taken during the rut 2013. I just wanted to get some opinions on age. Thanks,

-- 2/18/2014 9:31:59 AM: post edited by chriswd.

Close Thread

Forums: {1}: {2}

Just fill out and send the form below to get our attention:
Haven't Registered? Still want news, photos, and videos of Whitetail Deer? 

Basic
Terms Of Service
Close
Whitetail Domains LLC is a geospatial social networking website service combined with a lease and/or ranch and herd management system aimed at the whitetail deer hunting market in North America. By using or accessing this website (the "Site"), or by using any of the content hosting and sharing services provided via the Site ("Services"), you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service and by the Privacy Policy of Whitetail Domains LLC (" Whitetail Domains "), which are collectively referred to as the "Agreement." Please read the terms of this Agreement carefully. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, then you may not use or access the Site or any of the Services of Whitetail Domains.

This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms for your use of Whitetail Domains’s many individual Services. By using our Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a "Visitor” or “Guest”, a Registered User (which means that you have registered with Whitetail Domains.com), or a fee-based "Member" of the site.

Users are only authorized to use the Services if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and to this Agreement. If you do not agree with all the terms contained herein, you should immediately terminate your use of Whitetail Domains.com and discontinue andy future use of its Services.

Whitetail Domains.com has the exclusive right to modify this Agreement as it feels necessary. Such modifications are in affect from the moment upon posting to the Whitetail Domains.com website. All Users alike are bound to any changes to this Agreement perpetually, regardless of specific revisions so long as they continue to utilize Whitetail Domains.com Services.

Whitetail Domains may, in its sole discretion, modify this Agreement from time to time, and may modify, suspend, or terminate the Site and Services, for any reason, and without notice. Although you may be asked to indicate your assent to the terms of this Agreement only once (e.g., when you register for a Whitetail Domains account), the terms of this Agreement, as modified by Whitetail Domains from time to time, will govern all use of the Site and Services. By continuing to use or access the Site or any of the Services, you agree to be bound by the Terms of Service in effect at the time of such use or access.

Description Of The Service

Whitetail Domains provides its Registered Users (defined below) with the ability to host a variety of content, including without limitation images and videos (including any audio accompanying the videos) ("Content") that Registered Users own or to which they have the necessary rights (" User Content "), in order to share User Content via the Web. Visitors, or “Guests” to the Site may view or share certain aspects of the User Content, but Guest Users are restricted via the website from viewing certain User Content or sharing certain User Content. Under the current terms of this Agreement, Guest and Registered Users will enjoy these Services free of charge. Members of Whitetail Domains are users of the system who pay a nominal fee for the ranch and/or lease management portion of the website. Members of Whitetail Domains have the highest level of services and access to the system and Members enjoy the ability to maintain a private website for their own ranch and/or lease and/or hunting club (“ Hunting Club ”). Members further enjoy a complete record management system for their Hunting Club and only current members of their own club may share User Content between and amongst other current members of the Hunting Club.

Although the Site and Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the Site or Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Whitetail Domains. Also, although Whitetail Domains will normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, Whitetail Domains reserves the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by Whitetail Domains in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Whitetail Domains encourages you to maintain your own backup of your User Content. In other words, Whitetail Domains is not a backup service. As discussed further in this document, Whitetail Domains will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content.

Whitetail Domains.com has the exclusive right to modify this Agreement as it feels necessary. Such modifications are in affect from the moment upon posting to the WhitetailDomains.com website. Guest, Registered Users, and Members alike are bound to any changes to this Agreement perpetually, regardless of specific revisions so long as they continue to utilize WhitetailDomains.com Services.

Registered Users and Members should exercise caution when choosing what specific information to post on WhitetailDomains.com. Whitetail Domains does not permit the use of photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other Whitetail Domains.com Users may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services. WhitetailDomains.com assumes no responsibility or liability for this material whatsoever. If you become aware of the misuse of the Services by any person, please contact Whitetail Domains.com immediately.

WhitetailDomains.com reserves the right to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by its Registered Users or Members, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate access to all or any part of its Services at any time, for any without prior notice, and without liability.

User Accounts And Passwords

Use of and Membership in the Services is void where prohibited. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that (i) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (ii) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (iii) your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your account may be deleted and your utilization of the Site may be terminated without warning, if we believe that these guidelines are not upheld.

In order to access certain features of the Site and the Services, and to post Content, you must create a Whitetail Domains account. You may create an account on the Registration page. Once you have created an account, you will be a " Registered User ." Registered Users are limited to one free account per person. You may also upgrade to a "Member" account by paying a membership fee which enables your access to the ranch and/or lease and herd management system. Your Whitetail Domains account is solely for your own personal use and benefit. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Site and Services. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party nor to permit any third party to use your Whitetail Domains account. You agree to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your password, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Whitetail Domains of any unauthorized use of your password. In registering and creating an account, you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information, and to promptly update that information as necessary. Whitetail Domains will have no liability for failure to deliver notices that result from inaccurate account information.

At any time and at the sole discretion of Whitetail Domains, you may be limited to the file size, bandwidth, and storage limitations related to your account level. Whitetail Domains reserves the right , with prior written notice, to disable Users that are using excessive bandwidth or otherwise abusing the system. Whitetail Domains has the right to change its file size, bandwidth, or storage limitations without notice.

You acknowledge that Whitetail Domains reserves the right to charge for its Guest and Registered User Services and to change its fees from time to time for all User types at its discretion. If and when Whitetail Domains chooses to charge a fee for Guests or Registered Users, you will be so notified and bound to the terms herein. Failure to accept the terms of this agreement will result in the suspension of your account. Termination of your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, shall not be entitled to any applicable refund of any unused portion of applicable subscription fees.

This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services as a Guest or Registered User, or are a Member. Members of Whitetail Domains are billed annually in advance, and in the absence of your termination of your Membership status, your Membership will be renewed automatically each year on the anniversary date of your initial subscription date. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member Registration page. Termination becomes effective at the end of your then current annual subscription period, and Whitetail Domains is not obliged to refund any unused potion of your Membership fees. Whitetail Domains.com may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning and without liability.

Your License To Whitetail Domains

Whitetail Domains does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content that you choose to post to the Site. After posting User Content to the Site, you continue to retain all ownership or license rights in your User Content and you continue to have the right to use your User Content as you did prior to such posting. Further, Whitetail Domains will not disclose either on the Site or to any 3rd party any User data marked as “private”, nor will Whitetail Domains disclose any personal data about you, including you name, your ranch name (if marked as private), address, and other contact information (such as email addresses) to any 3rd party.

However, by posting or making User Content available through the Site or via the Services, you hereby grant to Whitetail Domains a nonexclusive, royalty-free, transferable, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, prepare derivative works from, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform (whether by means of a digital audio transmission or otherwise) and process your User Content, or any part of it, solely on and through the Site and Services, including without limitation (a) adapting the format of your User Content (for example by encoding or transcoding) for suitable display on the Site; and (b) displaying, in Whitetail Domains's sole discretion, your public User Content in search results generated by the Whitetail Domains search engine. In addition, where you have made your User Content public, posted a link to your User Content on another website or otherwise shared a link to your User Content, you grant to Whitetail Domains a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right to sublicense the right to copy, modify, prepare derivative works from, and distribute your User Content as necessary to perform the Services, including without limitation any services outsourced by Whitetail Domains. In connection with the above license, you provide your consent for Whitetail Domains personnel, including Whitetail Domains contractors and service providers, to view your User Content at any time for the purpose of providing the Services and filtering content that violates this Agreement. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all Content you submit to the Site or provide to the Service. You represent that you either own the User Content or have the rights necessary to grant Whitetail Domains this license.

Whitetail Domains's Limited License To You

Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Whitetail Domains grants you a non-transferable, non-sublicensable right to access, view and print public Content, only for your personal, non-commercial use. With the exception of your User Content, you may not distribute any Content to third parties, use any Content commercially (except as may be permitted by a separate license explicitly attached to a particular piece of Content), or otherwise copy, modify, distribute, publicly display or perform any Content (except as such acts may be permitted by a separate license explicitly attached to such Content).

Restrictions

You will not do any of the following while using or accessing the Site or the Services:
  • Post, upload, email, or otherwise transmit (i) any Content that you do not have the lawful right to copy, transmit and display (including any Content that would violate any confidentiality or fiduciary obligations that you might have with respect to the Content); (ii) any Content for which you do not have the consent or permission of each identifiable person in the Content to use the name, voice, signature, photograph, or likeness of each such person (to the extent each is implicated by the Content); or (iii) any Content that infringes the intellectual property rights or violates the privacy rights of any third party (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, or moral right or right of publicity);
  • Delete, or in any manner alter, the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices appearing on any Content except your User Content;
  • Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Whitetail Domains name, trademark, URL or product name without Whitetail Domains's express written consent;
  • Post, upload, email or otherwise transmit, without first obtaining the permission of Whitetail Domains, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, "pyramid schemes," Ponzi schemes or any other form of solicitation;
  • Post, upload, email, or otherwise transmit, via the Site or Services, any Content that is unlawful, obscene, harmful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or hateful, or that contains objects or symbols of hate, invades the privacy of any third party, contains nudity or pornography (including without limitation any child pornography or child erotica), is deceptive, threatening, abusive, inciting to unlawful action, defamatory, libelous, vulgar or violent, or constitutes hate speech, or is otherwise objectionable in the opinion of Whitetail Domains;
  • Post, upload, email, or otherwise transmit any Content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to (i) interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software; or (ii) interfere with the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site;
  • Post, upload, email or otherwise transmit any Content that includes code that is hidden or otherwise surreptitiously contained within the images, audio or video of any Content that is unrelated to the immediate, aesthetic nature of the Content;
  • Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Whitetail Domains system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
  • Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any posting, or in any way use the Site or Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information;
  • Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure protecting the Site or Services;
  • Collect or store personal data about other users without their express permission;
  • Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, through pretexting or any other form of social engineering, or otherwise commit fraud;
  • Resell the Services, in whole or in part;
  • Violate any applicable law, regulation, or ordinance; or
  • Use the Site or Services in any manner not permitted by this Agreement.

Whitetail Domains does not control the Content in Registered Users and Members accounts and does not have any obligation to monitor such Content for any purpose. However, on both free and Member accounts, and regardless of whether the Content is public or private, Whitetail Domains may choose to monitor such Content at any time, in its sole discretion. Whitetail Domains reserves the right at all times to terminate your account, and delete any and all Content, in whole or in part, for any reason including without limitation violations of this Section, or of any part of this Agreement. Whitetail Domains reserves the right at all times to disclose, in its sole discretion, any Content as necessary to (a) satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request or (b) reduce or prevent what Whitetail Domains considers to be, in its sole discretion, a serious or imminent threat to your health or safety, or the health or safety of another. For information regarding Whitetail Domains handling of your personally identifiable information, refer to the Whitetail Domains Privacy Policy.

Age Requirements

Users of the Services must be at least 13 years of age. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Service and no information of children under the age of 13 will be knowingly collected by Whitetail Domains. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without the parent or guardian's consent by, for example, misrepresenting his or her age, that parent or guardian should contact us at the Contact Us page. If Whitetail Domains determines that it has collected personal information of children under the age of 13, Whitetail Domains will immediately delete such information and any accounts believed to be held by children under 13.

Disclaimer Of Warranty

THE SERVICES, CONTENT, SITE, AND ANY SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WHITETAIL DOMAINS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.

Limitations Of Liability

You understand that Content is posted by users and that Whitetail Domains has only limited control over the Content that is made available via the Site and Services. You understand that by using the Site and Services, you may be exposed to this Content. You acknowledge that Whitetail Domains will not be liable for
  • Content, including without limitation the subject matter of any Content, any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use or download of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Site or Services;
  • the deletion, failure to store, mis-delivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material; (c) Site unavailability or Service interruptions; or
  • the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party.

IN NO EVENT WILL WHITETAIL DOMAINS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF DATA, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE, OR PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY EVEN IF WHITETAIL DOMAINS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

IN NO EVENT WILL WHITETAIL DOMAINS' AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO WHITETAIL DOMAINS. You acknowledge that Whitetail Domains has set its prices and entered into this Agreement in reliance upon the limitations of liability specified herein, which allocate the risk between the parties and form a basis of the bargain between the parties. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.

Indemnification

You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Whitetail Domains and its officers, directors, employees, and agents, from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site or Services, or your violation of this Agreement. Whitetail Domains reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any such claim otherwise subject to defense by you, in which event you will cooperate with Whitetail Domains and its counsel, as necessary, in the conduct of such defense.

Links To 3rd Party Sites

The Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Whitetail Domains is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Whitetail Domains of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources. For the terms and conditions governing your use of Partner Sites, refer to the terms of service governing those websites.

Forum And Choice Of Law

This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to its conflicts of law rules. You expressly agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or action arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your use of the Services will be filed only in the federal courts located in the State of Texas, or state courts located in Fort Bend County, Texas. You further agree and submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of, or related to, use of the Services or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose, or be forever barred. Disputes must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in Houston, Texas.

Refund Policy

Whitetail Domains will not honor any refunds for any paid Whitetail Domains services, including without limitation Member account payments, more than thirty (30) days after you last submitted such payment to Whitetail Domains. Should you find the need to request a refund, please email Customer Service or call us at 1-281-633-2334.

General

You may not assign any rights granted to you or delegate any of your duties hereunder; any attempt to do so is void and of no effect. Whitetail Domains may assign its rights and delegate its duties under this Agreement in their entirety in connection with a merger, reorganization or sale of all, or substantially all, of its assets relating to this Agreement. The failure of Whitetail Domains at any time to require performance of any provision hereof shall in no manner affect its right at a later time to enforce the same unless the same is waived in writing. If a court should find that one or more rights or provisions contained in this Agreement are invalid, you agree that the remainder of the Agreement will be enforceable. The headings and captions are for convenience only and are not to be used in the interpretation of this Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and Whitetail Domains regarding its subject matter, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements or understandings relating to such subject matter.

If you have any questions or concerns about this Agreement or any issues raised in this Agreement or on the Site, please contact Whitetail Domains at the Contact Us page.
We have detected you are using Microsoft IE 6. Because Microsoft no longer supports this browser, we recommed upgrading your browser for a better experience. Because IE 6 isn't supported, users will not be able to view Maps Views or the Log Book without upgrading. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Mozilla Firefox     Microsoft IE     Google Chrome     Safari